Downloadable Course Material
If you would like to approximately match the size of the artwork in the tutorial, print the downloadable files at 100% size. If you require your artwork to be smaller or larger, just adjust the print size accordingly.
Chocolate Portraiture Techniques
This PDF document contains reference images to use so that you can try out this chocolate portraiture technique easily without having to source an image yourself. The images have already been adjusted so they are ready to just print and use.
While not everything on this list is absolutely required, these are the things used in this tutorial video. Of course you are welcome to find alternative ways of doing things and we would love to hear if you’ve discovered an easier method or better tool to achieve good results.
What you will need
- Rolling pin
- Corn starch (for dusting)
- Air brush set
- Palette knife
- Sticky tape
- Set of knives
- Pen knife
- Dry & wet towels
- Clip board with white background
- Cotton buds
- Water brush
- Water spray
- Plastic sheet
- Cellophane sheets (for piping cones)
- Dark chocolate
- Liquid (red, green, black, yellow)
- Watch the entire tutorial completely and take notes while comparing the tools list to what tools you have available to you.
- This is art, and no method or technique is set in stone. This is why we recommend you watch the entire tutorial first before you start gathering all the things in the list above. You may think of ways you might substitute tools or techniques with your own ideas.