Downloadable Course Material
If you would like to approximately match the size of the artwork in the tutorial, print the downloadable files at 100% size. If you require your artwork to be smaller or larger, just adjust the print size accordingly.
Gazebo & Doves Wedding Cake Course Material
This PDF contains a side view blueprint of the entire cake, templates for the dove wings, gazebo walls, base & roof, and guides for making the dove bodies and piping on the base, cake and gazebo.
While not everything on this list is absolutely required, these are the things used in this tutorial video. Of course you are welcome to find alternative ways of doing things and we would love to hear if you’ve discovered an easier method or better tool to achieve good results.
What you will need
- Rolling pins (large & small)
- Set of knives (In a tall bucket of hot water)
- Palette knives
- Plastic knife
- Oil spray
- Water spray
- Set of rulers
- 135mm Round cutter/ring
- 40mm Round cutter
- 40mm Heart cutter/ring
- 17mm Heart cutter (up to 20mm ok)
- Hollow pen tip (5mm/2mm)
- 2 pencils
- Hard shortening
- Fondant Smoother
- Small brush in water
- Small brush in egg white
- Chocolate cold spray
- Sticky tape
- Small piping bags
- Dry & wet towels
- A sharp tip pen knife
- Pin (to poke air bubbles when coating)
- Small Chocolate Heater
- Small sheet of plastic
- 40cm Diametre (9mm thickness) Round cake board, covered with preferred colour fabric and plastic (cellophane).
Watch this tutorial on how to cover a cake board with fabric and cellophane.
- 30cm by 30cm Corrugated PVC roof
- 50mm Satin ribbon (white)
- 40mm Satin ribbon (white)
- Lollipop/cake pop sticks
- Few small cellophane sheets (for piping bags)
- 7cm Wide cellophane strips
- Few corrugated card board sheets
- All templates cut out and ready to use. (Download under ‘Overview’ tab)
2 Tier layered cake
- Bottom tier: 100mm/4″(height) by 250mm/10″(diametre) round
- Bottom tier: 75mm/3″(height) by 200mm/8″(diametre) round
- White chocolate
- Round white lollies (mints)
- Small heart shaped lollies
- Watch the entire tutorial completely and take notes while comparing the tools list to what tools you have available to you.
- If you need to bake, please do it one day before.
- Have a wet and dry hand towels to clean knives, blades and cutters regularly to consistently achieve clean cuts. Also be sure to clean the table with your wet towel, and than the dry towel each time you are about to roll out any fondant. Use a bit of shortening or vegetable fat to prevent the fondant from sticking to the table.
- This is art, and no method or technique is set in stone. This is why we recommend you watch the entire tutorial first before you start gathering all the things in the list above. You may think of ways you might substitute tools or techniques with your own ideas.