Learn how to make a 2 tier cake with a revolving carousel topper!
In this tutorial, we are going to make a 2 tier cake with a rotating sugar carousel topper. I know it’s been done many times but as you know, I do not like to use moulds and cutters so hopefully my version of a carousel cake brings something new to the table and provides a special value for your learning experience. On the first day I will be focusing more on decorations, especially the carousel and on the second day I will assemble the cake and add more details. The cakes in this tutorial will be ready and coated so I will not be showing any layering, masking and coating of the cakes as I would like to focus more on the decorations and the carousel.
What you’ll learn…
- Making a revolving carousel topper
- Piping curved simple vintage chocolate ornaments
- LED light installations
- Garland Flower arrangements
- Modelling horses
- Making mini piped flowers with edible stems
- Making drapes
- Calculating distance and measurements with paper folding method
- Smooth-edged heart piping