Downloadable Course Material
If you would like to approximately match the size of the artwork in the tutorial, print the downloadable files at 100% size. If you require your artwork to be smaller or larger, just adjust the print size accordingly.
Skeleton Couple Topper Course Material
This course material includes blueprints for a skeleton along with weights and templates.
While not everything on this list is absolutely required, these are the things used in this tutorial video. Of course you are welcome to find alternative ways of doing things and we would love to hear if you’ve discovered an easier method or better tool to achieve good results.
What you will need
- Ball shaped modelling tool
- Small rolling pin
- A sharp tip pen knife
- Set of knives + plastic knife
- Heart shaped cutter – 40mm
- Styrofoam block
- Wooden skewers
- Small brush in a cup of water
- Piece of shortening
- Oil spray
- Starch (for dusting)
- Dry & wet towels
- Scale (1g increments)
- White organza ribbon – 20cm(L) x 50mm(W)
- Black satin ribbon – 20cm(L) x 10mm(W)
Recipes & Ingredients
- Printed blueprints and guides (download below)
- Images of examples of usage
- Have a wet and dry hand towels to clean knives, blades and cutters regularly to consistently achieve clean cuts. Also be sure to clean the table with your wet towel, and than the dry towel each time you are about to roll out any pastillage. Use a bit of shortening or vegetable fat to prevent the pastillage from sticking to the table.
- This is art, and no method or technique is set in stone. This is why we recommend you watch the entire tutorial first before you start gathering all the things in the list above. You may think of ways you might substitute tools or techniques with your own ideas.