Downloadable Course Material
If you would like to approximately match the size of the artwork in the tutorial, print the downloadable files at 100% size. If you require your artwork to be smaller or larger, just adjust the print size accordingly.
Valentines Bed Cake Course Material
This PDF document contains templates for the headboard, footboard and bedspreads along with guides for the curly decor and actual size blueprints of the cake from top view and side view.
While not everything on this list is absolutely required, these are the things used in this tutorial video. Of course you are welcome to find alternative ways of doing things and we would love to hear if you’ve discovered an easier method or better tool to achieve good results.
What you will need
- Pen knife
- Plastic knife
- Hollow pen tip
- Set of knives
- Pin (to remove air bubbles)
- Damask texture sheet
- 2 x 10mm thick flat wooden sticks (for rolling correct thickness)
- Set of round cutters
- Set of rollers
- Corn starch (for dusting)
- Modelling tools
- Pattern tracer
- Wet & dry towels
- Flexible metal scraper
- Pizza cutter
- 2 X 30mm high, 225mm x 300mm Chocolate mud cake (800g each)
- 1500g Ganache
- Some royal icing (sloppy consistency)
- 1000 Burgundy rolling fondant (550g used)
- 1800 White rolling fondant
- 1200g Pink pastillage (900g used)
- 400g White pastillage (200g used)
- Watch the entire tutorial completely and take notes while comparing the tools list to what tools you have available to you.
- This is art, and no method or technique is set in stone. This is why we recommend you watch the entire tutorial first before you start gathering all the things in the list above. You may think of ways you might substitute tools or techniques with your own ideas.