Introducing Cakenote – Cake Designing Software
After years in development, we are super proud to announce our new cake designing and pricing software called Cakenote. Although it is still in its early stages and there is still a long way to go, we feel that it is ready for prime time and we believe it is currently a very useful tool for cake decorators.
What is Cakenote?
Cakenote is an web-based browser application cake business management. Among many things, it’s mainly a tool you can use to visually design and price cakes. Cakenote is built on the idea of itemisation so every aspect of your cake design comes with specific costing and pricing settings so you can focus on designing your cakes and let Cakenote calculate costing and pricing automatically as you add elements.
These are just some of Cakenote’s features…
- Design cakes by combining individual elements on a canvas.
- Choose from a growing library of assets that will include a wide range of boards, cake sizes, decorations, construction elements as well as textiles and patterns.
- Automatically price your cake as you design it.
- Add your very own elements to be used for cake designs.
- Automatically calculate the number of servings of your design based on predefined portion sizes.
- Save designs as templates to be used on other designs.
- Automatically calculate flavour and coating pricing based on cake volume.
- Create orders with printable tags for easy kitchen operation.
- Manage Ingredients and Recipes (comes with many of our own).
- and much more…
How do I use it?
We understand that learning new software can be quite complicated and there may be a learning curve. This is why we have prepared some basic documentation on our Help Centre for you to refer to as well as some demonstration videos on the Cakenote YouTube channel. If you get stuck with something and can’t find the information you’re looking for or need more help, just email us at email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can. Alternatively, you can also use the chat widget in the bottom right corner of the app.
We have published some demonstration videos on our YouTube channel. In each demo, Serdar walks you through the process of how to design a different cake and briefly talks about some of Cakenote’s other features. We will be publishing many more demos and tutorials in the future.
How can I provide feedback?
At the footer of the app, there are a couple of links…
Report an Issue: Use this link to tell us is there is anything unusual that is happening. Try to be as detailed as possible and explain in your best words, the steps you took and what happened.
Give Feedback: Use this link to tell us about anything you want. What you like or dislike, what could be better, what is missing, what doesn’t make sense, what is hard to understand, etc.
Of course, you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our aim is to make Cakenote into a product that is useful for all cake decorators so any feedback will be helpful and appreciated.
We thank you in advance and look forward to hearing your thoughts.