Downloadable Course Material
If you would like to approximately match the size of the artwork in the tutorial, print the downloadable files at 100% size. If you require your artwork to be smaller or larger, just adjust the print size accordingly.
Spooky Chocolate Castle Cake Course Material
This PDF document contains templates & guides to help you make the castle, ship, witch, bats & moon.
While not everything on this list is absolutely required, these are the things used in this tutorial video. Of course you are welcome to find alternative ways of doing things and we would love to hear if you’ve discovered an easier method or better tool to achieve good results.
What you will need
- 40cm flat tray
- Set of knives (In a tall bucket of hot water)
- Bent palette knife
- Sticky tape
- Oil spray
- Triangular serrated metal scraper
- Ceramic dinner plate
- Alcohol (Kirsch, gin or vodka)
- Chocolate cold spray
- Brushes (large & small)
- Pin or needle
- Tape measure
- 3 wooden sticks (15-20cm length / 12mm, 18mm & 22mm diameter )
- Small piping bags
- Dry & wet towels
- A sharp tip pen knife
- Small Chocolate Heater
- 4 Aluminium pie shells (2 x 15cm diameter & 2 x 20cm diameter)
- 4 x A4 Sheets of Paper
- Styrofoam Block (5 x 10 x 20 cm)
- 8 Natural tree twigs
- 3 x A4 Plastic bag
- 2 x A3 Plastic bag
- Cellophane sheets
- 2.2kg Mud cake
- 1.2kg Ganache
- 3.3kg Dark chocolate
- 100g Cornflakes
- 50g White chocolate
- Watch the entire tutorial completely and take notes while comparing the tools list to what tools you have available to you.
- If you need to bake, please do it one day before.
- This is art, and no method or technique is set in stone. This is why we recommend you watch the entire tutorial first before you start gathering all the things in the list above. You may think of ways you might substitute tools or techniques with your own ideas.